Friday, February 25, 2011

Rain or Shine

I will always love a mandarin collar...that union of elegant and edgy. Easy to wear jacket in a classic length will look divine with a simple scoop neck t or tank (not v neck) or crewneck to echo the lines of the jacket's collar.
I love this style as a transitional weather piece. It will go with almost everything. For someone built like me (who carries weight in mid-section), the placement of that belt can either be the crowning jewel or the kiss of death. Make sure that jacket fits well but doesn't cinch in such a way as to create a bulge.
I. Love. This. Jacket...especially the convenience of the hidden zipper. 
At first blush, you may think it's a trendy piece, but I assure you it's not. Military looks are as cyclical as the nautical stripes you see every spring. And Fashion Industry? For that? We thank you.
Generally speaking, I'm not a huge fan of 'blazers'. I'm not sure if it's the goofy name? Or the high maintenance feeling I associate with the need to wear one. Having said THAT, I love this subtle navy pinstripe (not black!) paired casually with jeans. While the navy blazer is a classic, the cuts and details will change from time to time. Make sure yours is a modern tailored (but not tight) fit that hits between the top and middle of your hip bone.Does the jacket dress up the jeans? Or do the jeans cool out the jacket? That's up to you. 
Ok. Maybe I like blazers a little more than I thought. I love this paired with shorts and probably a strappy wedge heel.
I love how this is shown with a skirt, and I love the sleeve length. Perfect spring solution. While this looks darling with a skirt, it will pop a pair of pants (skinny, wide leg...mmmmmm) or shorts as well.





3 comments:

  1. LOVE the military jacket!!!! nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in serious love (or maybe just lust) with the top jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lsm99 เว็บตรง เป็นค่ายเกมคาสิโนที่ผู้คนชอบเล่นมากที่สุดและยังได้มีการเขียน รีวิวเกมให้อีกด้วยจึงช่วยให้ผู้เล่นไม่ต้องเสียเวลาทดลองเล่นมากนัก
    lsm99 เว็บตรง

    ReplyDelete